This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check out my disclosure policy for more details.
I am having flashbacks to the polar vortex of 2013. It’s frickin’ cold up in here! A windchill of -25 should not be a thing! As a single mom on a super tight budget, turning up the heat ain’t an option, but here are a few of my favorite things that make hell freezing over a little more…”pleasant.”
- Hot chocolate…heck yeah! Smooth, creamy, and hot…definitely HOT…in a super cute mug. Delish! Top with adorable snowman marshmallows and call it done!
- Thermal underwear – Layering.is.key. Adding one under my clothes really makes a difference! “Long Johns” are da bomb!
- Flannel sheets – Jersey…ugh. Polar fleece…nope. Flannel sheets is where it’s at. If you really want to go full on warmth, pair with an electric blanket. Turn that baby on a half hour or so before bed and experience true bliss. There is nothing like snuggling into a warmed bed.
- Slippers – These little piggies are not going to the market when it’s this damn cold outside! I NEED my slippers! My absolute favs are Acorn. They are so warm and comfy! A bit pricey, but made to last. I have had mine for years. LOVE ‘EM!
- Sorta homemade chicken noodle soup – There is nothin’ better on a WTF winter day! It’s quick and easy to make, which is sayin’ something coming from me. I did not get my mom’s cooking gene.Just grab a rotisserie chicken, medium egg noodles, chicken stock, carrots, celery and onion. Chop the carrots, celery and onion and sautee them for a few minutes in some butter. Next, add them to a large pot with two cartons of chicken stock along with pieces of the rotisserie chicken and bring it to a boil. Last, add the noodles and continue to boil until they are tender. Voila!
Mother Nature…it’s time to kick Jack Frost to the damn curb! I’m ready to trade in my Sorrels for sandals!