Three years ago I read an obituary about a man named Joe and he LIVED LIKE A BOSS for 59 years! I mean this guy blew.it.up.
- At 15, he had a semi-valid licence by transposing some of the numbers.
- At 18, drove his first Harley off the showroom floor.
- Loved hard having 4 wives and 3 sons. One named Jack Daniel. I like to think it’s ya know…like the liquor.
- Was at the forefront of the online adult entertainment industry during the internet’s early years.
- Made breast implants.
- Sold and repaired Singer sewing machines.
- Was a model train enthusiast.
- Rode Harley’s cross country.
In celebration of Joe’s life, his friends and family met a local pub. Although I had never met Joe, he has fascinated me. I had thought about going to that pub on that day to hear more Joe stories, but decided that may be a bit odd.
Now is the time we make resolutions for the new year. Being a single mom, I feel like I blink and a year has come and gone and I just went through the motions. I want to live a fuller, more interesting life. In 2018, I’m going to live like Joe.